Saturday, March 5, 2011

2011 update 1

Since we're two months into 2011, I thought an update as to how my knitting goals are going so far was in order.

Successful

  • The two hours a week thing has actually worked quite well. Usually due to me spending half of Sunday knitting whilst marathon-watching Supernatural, but hey, whatever works.

  • New things learnt: Two out of three! The stretchy knitted cast-on, and... crochet!




Okay, so it' very simple crochet, limited to amigurumi, I've only done two items, and it makes my thumbs hurt for days afterwards, but LOOK MA, I'M BISTITCHUAL!

  • Annnnnd finally, the Heartland is DONE!




I'm very pleased with it. Malabrigo is amaaazing.

Not-quite-as-successful


PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE YARN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!


So, yeah. The goal was no more sock or lace yarn until I finish what I have, and, er, well. The whole buying yarn at all is a problem due to this:


THE STASH BOXES ARE BURSTING!!


I am a fail. And a junkie. But in my defense, I have projects (which are all on the to do list!) in mind for each and every of those skeins, with the following exceptions:


Chromaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I couldn't resist. Besides, it's fingering weight, not sock or lace. There's a difference. A very subtle one, but still. There IS. Shut up.


Malabrigo is like mescaline or something, I don't even know. Besides, everyone knows that sock yarn doesn't count as stash anyway.


Anyway, I totally solved the problem.


IKEA and their boxes are enablers.

No comments:

Post a Comment