Saturday, August 27, 2011

Revising some goals

I think it's time to revise my list of goals. I mean, we're almost three quarters through the year (and how did THAT happen?); it's time to be realistic.

So, let's have a look.

  • Spend at least two hours a week knitting. I'm revising this to 20 minutes a day for at least five days of the week. Which is slightly less than two hours, but hey.
  • Learn at least three new things (techniques, stitches, cast-on etc) DONE!
  • Destash! Not buying any new a) lace or b) sock yarn until what I have is at least half gone. ... yeah, that's not gonna happen. (And after buying Knitting Rules! by The Yarn Harlot earlier this summer, I feel a lot less bad about that.)
  • Un-WIP Heartland Shawl DONE!
  • Un-WIP Leafy Lace Cardi. Erm. It's still a vest. I've done the ribbing and maybe two repeats on one of the sleeves, but I feel like I should redo it because I think the gauge is way off. Besides, it's a spring cardigan, anyway. Spring 2012...?
  • Un-WIP Nereid fingerless glove (the other one was finished absolutely yonks ago). Urgh. I should just cowboy up and DO it, because it's at least half done and wouldn't even take long at all, but I have nooooo desire to.
  • Un-WIP Alice Queen of Hearts mitts. It's possible I have started this. Barely. But it's underway.
  • Knit Peacock Shawlette DONE!
  • Knit Skew socks. I'm skurrrrred of magic looping socks. It does not sound appealing. I need to wait until I'm brave enough.
  • Knit Cold Mountain. Not yet. Maybe in green? Or dark pink? (As a side note, I am so in love with all of Kieran Foley's patterns. Europa (the crescent version) is very high up on my todo list.)
  • Knit Riff. Uh. Socks. Right. I have no excuse for this. Fail.
  • Knit at least two request knits. DONE!
  • Knit at least one more pair of socks. Yeah, no. This hasn't happened. I doubt it will.
  • Knit at least one colourwork item. If I can churn out those mitts...
  • Knit something beaded. Yes! It's underway! I have no idea why I started it, but there's something and it's about halfway done.
I'd like to add some new goals.

  • Write at least one blog post a month. Hopefully this will force me into actually having something to write about.
  • Don't have more than three things going at once. (Currently, I have... let's see... counting that poor cardi, six. This is not good for my WIP to FO ratio.)

So, this counts as the August blog post. See you for the September one.

No comments:

Post a Comment