Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hallo!

So I FINALLY created this thing... after, oh, at least six months of talking about it. In fact, I remember discussing it with my sister whilst on a ski lift, so it must have been that long ago. Yikes. Okay.

I guess I should intro myself, as it were. I'm Tove, I'm in my early 20s, and I live just outside Stockholm, Sweden. I first started knitting two summers ago (2007) and fell HARD. It was rather surprising for everyone, since a) I have been known to have the patience of a cranky, food deprived two year old and b) the last time I tried knitting was for a mandatory project in fifth grade that my mother ended up finishing for me so I wouldn't fail class. Sad but true. It was a garter stitch scarf, too, so I didn't even know how to purl before my grandma sat me down two years ago and taught me. Yay, grandma (who is very crafty and kind of awesome at everything that has to do with handiwork).

Anyway, after that it was all.... downhill sounds wrong. Uphill? I knit because I find it relaxing, it takes my mind off things, and, working with computers all day long, gives me something that's actually THERE which I have MADE and for some reason, I like that.

Now, before I start rambling, as I am wont to do, I'm going to wrap this up with a selection of FO's, since, well, that's what it's all about, isn't it?




My very first finished object(s). Thrummed mittens in wool/acrylic blend, with merino roving for the thrums. They're SUPER warm and kind of enormous, but my mother liked them enough to request a pair for herself, so...



First socks. Don't know what I was thinking when I bought that yarn, really...




These, though, I love and still wear nearly daily in winter. Yay for sock yarn gloves!



Then I discovered cables.




And made a pair of Jaywalkers that I am slowly loving to death.


Then I made a very, very, VERY warm cardigan out of chunky 100% wool purple stuff. It's VERY warm. I save it for the coldest of days. (Did I mention I live in Sweden, though? It gets cold.)


Then.... the lace bug struck. Oh dear.











That's pretty much where I am right now... current project (I tend to be a rather monogamous knitter) is Flutter-by socks (Ravelry link) for which I am currently deciding whether to rip the heel and redo it or not. Decisions, decisions...

(Oh, and I can be found as tovels on Ravelry. Inventive, I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment